Online thefts are increasing at a very rapid rate these days. While using browsers, we don’t even know what sites are we directed to and don’t even think for a second before opening any link or its deleterious effects on our systems. At times, some of these links include suspicious threats and viruses that can directly have a negative impact on our systems and can affect us by retrieving our personal information and misusing it. Therefore, it’s very important to protect your PC/Laptop from such malignant links to safeguard your personal information.
McAfee antivirus software helps you in surfing safely. The best thing about McAfee antivirus software is that it assists your system for not falling into the trap of suspicious online sites that are present to get a track of your personal information like mail id, account details, etc. McAfee antivirus software is the finest product that ensures the security of your PC/Laptop from unwanted threats and viruses. McAfee antivirus includes some extraordinary products which are specially designed to provide protection to your PC/Laptop/Mobile-phone. One of the finest McAfee antivirus products is McAfee Identity Theft Protection which is used widely to protect the system from malware.
The McAfee Identity Theft Protection is precisely designed for exclusive identity and credit surveillance and it incorporates the advantages such as $1M identity theft insurance, credit observing, 1-Bureau Credit card supervising, SSN Trace, and 24*7*365 devoted agents to respond your queries and allocate you the needed assistance. To acquire all the benefits, you need to purchase McAfee Theft Protection as a standalone product. Although free subscription is also available there, you can opt for a free subscription if you have a McAfee product subscription with a multi-device license.
How can you enroll in McAfee Identity Theft Protection?
You can enroll in McAfee Identity Theft Protection through the standalone product which is accessible in three different categories i.e. PLUS, STANDARD, and PREMIUM. There are two ways to enroll/register in McAfee.com i.e.
- Through your McAfee antivirus account.
- Via your McAfee product.
To login into the McAfee antivirus account, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the mcafee.com/activate page.
- Tap on the option ‘My Account’.
- Tap on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- Fill up your email address and the password.
- Then tap on ‘Mcafee Log in’.
- Once you tap on the option ‘Get started’, you will receive a message on your registered email from McAfee.
- Open the message on your email and tap on ‘Activate now’.
- The McAfee Identity Theft Protection window will appear on the screen where you can fill in the required details.
- In the end, to successfully create your account ‘Accept the license agreement’.
To ‘Log In’ through the Identity Theft Protection, if you don’t have a McAfee account after buying a standalone product follow the steps given below:
- Follow the steps as instructed once you open your product to accomplish the enrollment process.
- You can activate your product from the message received in your mail.
- Enter the required details on the screen.
- You can start your McAfee account through www.mcafee.com/activate after accepting the license agreement.
If you want to ‘Log In’ through your McAfee product, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open the McAfee product.
- Locate the ‘Identify Theft Profile’. Or ‘We found something that might be suspicious’.
- Tap on the option ‘Identify Theft’.
- Then tap on the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Fill up your ‘User Id’ and ‘Password’.
- Tap on ‘Sign In’ again.
What if you’re unable to access McAfee Identity Theft Protection?
There are times when you might face some issues with your internet browser because of some unwanted reasons and you may not be able to access McAfee Theft Protection. In such cases, you should use browsers like Google Chrome 63, Mozilla Firefox 56, Apple Safari 11, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10/11, etc. To use the Premium version of McAfee Identity Theft protection, you have to make sure that the McAfee Identity Theft Protection you have is authentic. Then also, if you’re facing some issues during the authentication process; you can communicate the technical support team to answer the queries that you’re facing.
McAfee Identity Theft Protection’s free trial:
To use the free trial of the software, you need to be eligible for the same. The registered McAfee account bearers are only granted the free subscription that lasts for 30 days. To get a free trial of McAfee Identity Theft Protection you should follow the steps mentioned above only if you have a McAfee product.
If you have used McAfee Identity Theft Protection ever in your life, you can also share your experience with us.