McAfee is an antivirus and anti-malware program that protects your device from major online threats. On the other hand, it is okay if you do not need it. Uninstalling McAfee is quite easy. Whether you have McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Antivirus, or McAfee Security Scan Plus, the uninstall procedure is the same. For some computers and laptops, McAfee comes along, whereas for some devices you have to install McAfee Antivirus. Whatever the case may be, you can uninstall McAfee by the in-built tools in your device.
Alternatively, you can also use third-party tools to remove McAfee from your system altogether. The need for such tools arises when the features of McAfee do not leave the device even after the removal of the antivirus. For this, you need the McAfee MCPR removal tool. This tool completely removes all the features or characteristics of McAfee from the device. You can also use this tool to remove McAfee as a whole if you do not want to use the in-built tools.
Steps to uninstall McAfee antivirus
By using in-built tools
If you choose this option, you do not need to install any third-party tool to uninstall McAfee. Mainly, this option is used for the McAfee programs that do not have a variety of features. Follow the below-mentioned steps to uninstall McAfee from Windows.
- Open Settings. Click onApps. For some windows, it could be Apps & Features.
- Search for McAfee in the Search Box. Select the McAfee product you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall. You might have to click Uninstall again as Windows asks for permission.
- After that, Restart your device. You will see that the McAfee product no longer exists on your computer/laptop.
If you are using Windows 7, you can remove McAfee by going to Control Panel and selecting Add or Remove Programs. The click on the McAfee product you want to remove. Select Remove. Confirm the permission on the window. By this, Windows will uninstall the software.
By using McAfee MCPR Remover Tool
You can install this tool if you are unable to remove some extra programs by using in-built tools. MCPR Remover Tool allows the complete removal of McAfee products from the device. Basically, you can rely on it to wholly uninstall McAfee products. Steps are as follows:
- Go to the McAfee website and download the MCPR tool.
- Click on the exe, after the completion of download to install the file.
- Click on Run. This will install the tool.
- Open the MCPR Tool and select Next on the McAfee Software Removal.
- On the End User License Agreement page, select Agree.
- Type the Security Validation code and click on Next.
It will take a few minutes to remove the software from your device altogether. Once you see the Complete Removal message, Restart your device.
How to uninstall McAfee on Mac
For removing McAfee’s product from Mac, you do not need any other tool. The in-built programs in the device will do the job for you. Follow the steps to uninstall McAfee from Mac.
- Navigate to the Applications folder from the Finder
- Open the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller application for the removal of products.
- To remove the McAfee browser add-on, select the Uninstall SiteAdvisor
- Click on Continue. Click OK after entering the administrator password.
- Select Finish after the completion of the uninstall process.