With increasing security in every application, it is becoming chaotic to remember each and every password. Especially, when you forget the password of your antivirus, you are like: okay I’m hacked. Also, there is sometimes where you just decide to change your password for better suitability.
To change McAfee password
In order to Change McAfee password, you have to perform below-mentioned steps:
- Go to McAfee site – mcafee.com/activate
- On the right, there is an option- My Account. Click on it.
You might get a security warning, to which you have to click on “Yes”.
- Login to your McAfee account, by typing your Email address and password.
- On the left, there will a Change Password option.
By clicking on it, you will see a new window.
- In that window, type a new password.
After typing the password twice, you have to click on Update.
After this, a confirmation will appear.
Also, you’ll be notified on your Gmail account through an automatically generated mail.
Forgot McAfee password, here is what you should do.
It is no big deal if you forgot your McAfee password. So, instead of panicking that you might get hacked and all your personal documents will be lost you can just create a new password. Creating a new password is very easy if the Email address by which you created McAfee account is genuine.
Just by performing these simple steps you can reset McAfee password:
- In your browser, go on www.mcafee.com
- Click on My Account, and then on Log in.
- In the Log in window, there will be an option Forgot your password, click on it.
- You’ll be then required to type your Email address.
- Then, click on Send mail.
You will get a mail on the same email address you typed, to reset & change McAfee password.
- Click on the link you got in your mail.
This will take you to the site where you can reset your forgotten password.
Just set a new password and you are good to go.
You will then, receive a mail that will be a confirmation of your changed password.
Let alone password.
Some of you might have forgotten your McAfee email, as once you get the subscription and perfect plan for your device or devices, then who remember the email registered.
You might not able to Log in on My Account if you do not remember your registered email address.
Take the help of this blog to identify your registered email address.
- Open the McAfee product on your windows.
- Go to My Info or Your Subscription.
Your registered email address will be shown there.
Then, you can use this email to log in to My Account in McAfee.
Alternatively, you can just go to the main site of McAfee› My Account › Log in.
Then, click on forgot email address and you’ll be required to follow some on-screen instructions. By contacting the technical support you will be provided with your registered email address.